My Very First Blog EVER!

So here I am blogging...finally! I have contemplated creating a blog for some time now...but I always seems to find some reason or another not to begin, probably because my life is already complicated enough.

I suppose I should start with some sort of introduction to my site. Let me begin by explaining my blog name. The "GF" stands for gluten free and the "Flamingo" is a family joke.

I was diagnosed and began by gluten free adventures in February of 2006. While I still have many days when I feel as if I am new to the gluten free world, I have come a long way. I have however, had many failures. The bread not cooking all the way without burning the outside, or pasta that taste like mush. Throughout my adventures I have found a number of gluten free products and recipes that I truly enjoy, and I would like to share them for all those who are gluten intolerant and are looking for some new ideas. So here we go! My newest addiction, chocolate-peanut butter-banana-date cream of buckwheat, with of course honey on top.  
I know, it looks a little unappetizing, but really it taste delicious and the two scoops of peanut butter on top is the like icing on top of cake, you just can't do without it.
Recipe:
* 1 1/4 cup of water
*Honey
*Chopped bananas 
*Peanut butter
*Dates (chopped up into small pieces)
*Almond Milk (or any milk of your choice)
*1/4 cup cream of buckwheat
*1 tablespoon of cocoa powder (milk or dark)

Comments

  1. Thank you for submitting to GlutenFreeFeed! And welcome to the blogging world! I love buckwheat, but I've never tried cream of buckwheat; it sounds very good. :) -Jennifer (cinnamonquill.com + glutenfreefeed.com)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016