Trial and Error

First project of the day, Spinach Pancakes. I saw a ton of left over spinach in my fridge and I was craving pancakes... so Spinach Pancakes! I googled spinach pancakes and found this recipe
Recipe:
  • 4 or 5 handfuls of spinach
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup flour (I used Garbanzo Bean)
 Start by adding all the ingredients in the blender. Pulse until well mixed.

Then place on a non-stick skillet and cook just like any other pancake.
This is where I ran into a bit of trouble.... I have always stunk and flipping pancakes. A. I get to anxious and I flip them before they are ready and B. I am just not coordinated.


After getting the flipping part figured out, the pancakes actually came out rather cute :D and the taste wasn't too bad either. I put some salsa and cheese on top and made a delicious open-face "sandwich"


Second project of the day... For a long time now I have contemplated making a vegan Mac and Cheese. However, after I failed to make a tasty Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo I have been a bit hesitant. Today I decided to but my fears behind me and do it. I had researched recipes for some time, and choose to attempt Kathy's recipe. I choose this recipe for two main reasons, one being that I had all the ingredients in my cupboards and the second being the appearance looked appetizing to me.

When I first mixed all the ingredients together it looked a bit runny to me. But I said what the heck, let's try it anyhow. So I took a fork and scooped up some noodles and to my surprise it wasn't half bad. It isn't KRAFT, but texture was nice and a little nutty/cheesy flavor was there. So I added some frozen peas and let it sit for a bit and the mixture firmed up and turned out Delicious. So thanks to Katie for helping me overcome my fear of Vegan Mac and Cheese!

Comments

  1. I commend your efforts! Hopefully you'll share this or other pasta dish with Presto Pasta Nights. This week we're celebrating 4 terrific years of weekly roundups with pasta dishes from around the world. We're even sharing a giveaway or two. You can find out how to join in here www.prestopastanights.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-Free and Vegan In Sri Lanka

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Airline Gluten-Free Foods

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Sri Lanka Cinnamon Tour

Allergy Free Sri Lankan Thanksgiving

Pomegranet and Sweet Potatoe Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Ayurvedic Tea

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Sunset Moon and Wellness Round 3 for the Win!