It's Pizza Day :D

This weather is such a tease!  Last week spring was looking promising, while today we have RAIN!  It is a cold, damp, disgusting day. Thankfully today is my day home from classes ( I do need to motivate myself to start studying for a mid-term!), so I figured I had plenty of time to take the opportunity and bake or cook something.












When I was little, my mother always made the effort to make rainy days fun. She would have the four of us watch movies, create tents/forts, and we always baked (cookies usually)! Being my apartment kitchen is so tiny, I don't have anything on hand to make a baked good, so instead I decided PIZZA, another childhood favorite! And of course I will be sure to send some of my creation home to my little sister who gave gluten up for lent and seems to be struggling with it a good bit. 


The recipe:
  • 2 1/4 cups of Millet Flour
  • 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
  • 1 1/4 cup warm water
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
  • Herbs (rosemary, red pepper, thyme, black pepper, etc.) 
Simply mix all the wet ingredients together. Add the dry ingredients and mix until incorporated.  Place on greased baking sheet. Back at 375 for approximately 10 minutes

I choose to then cool my pizza crust, cut it up into individual slices, and freeze it. This way when I want pizza, I can simply pick out a serving or two and add my favorite toppings. For ideas, you can add spicy marinara sauce with rosy goat cheese (goat cheese seems to do better with my tummy versus cow milk). Or you could add a jam, like peach basil or a fig preserve, which goes perfect with the rosy goat cheese.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016