The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family. (Thomas Jefferson)

Seeing as how I am currently unemployed, I thought I would take the opportunity to visit my grandparents, as I don't get to see them all too often on the count that they live a good 9-10hours away. So the youngest sister, the twin and twin's boyfriend all packed into the car and started our journey bright and early, 5:30am to be exact. We wanted to head out a bit earlier but it seems the girls know how to pack lighter than the boy who brought a suitcase that I could sleep in. :D 

The trip started out well. We hit minimal traffic and stopped only to get gas and use the restrooms.  We rocked out to some Lou Monte (cannot go wrong with a little Pepino ;D) and some classic N*Sync songs. 

The time there was short but was therapeutic to myself (frustrated with my current unemployment status) and heavy in the sense that my grandpop and grandma aren’t doing their best. But who can blame them being age 93 and 83 respectively? 

Some memories taken away:
-“That boy is not twirling the pasta right” My grandpop’s one and only comment to Mia’s (the twin) boyfriend at dinner.
-“It’s Italian! It has garlic in it” My cousin encouraging my grandparents to eat his Shepherd’s Pie
-“No!” Me with my first Italian lesson, excited that I finally knew one of the words. 

 We made rosaries with grandma.
 Grandma's painting..such talent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luhv Cafe - Vegan Bistro in Hatboro PA

Annual Family PSU Tailgating

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Updates on my Life

Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

The Juice Merchant - Narberth, PA Opening Day

La Colombe Philadelphia, PA

Creamy Vegan and Gluten-Free Savory Curry Zucchini Oats