26 October 2011

Iron Hill Brewery

26 October 2011
On one of my more recent job interviews put me back in the Philadelphia area. This provided a great opportunity for me not only to pick up my official MBA diploma (pure excitement), but to also visit a good friend of mine. She selected the Iron Hill Brewery for lunch.



We have visited the Iron Hill Brewery a number of times before and I have always appreciated the staffs' knowledge on the needs of their gluten free consumers. This time I ordered the smoke house burger. While I asked for my burger to be cooked medium-rare, and I even took the time to describe how I wanted it to look (rather pink inside), I received my burger cooked well done. I also was not asked if I wanted a side of salad or french fries (which can be made gluten free upon request). The overall experience was disappointing.

While the food was ok...rather taste-less in my opinion, most likely due to the burger being overcooked, I just can't help but find myself eating more and more vegetarian! I haven't truly enjoyed a meal with meat since my Argentinean steak (a once in a lifetime experience). The problem is...it is hard enough to find a restaurant willing and able to accommodate gluten free consumers, but to accommodate gluten free and vegan..seems to be a difficult and rather impossible find. 

Thoughts???

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates