25 November 2011

Glowing Green Smoothie

25 November 2011
I have had this recipe for sometime, but was already afraid that I wouldn't care for the taste. However, my current living situation involves a lot of driving so a quick smoothie in the morning is the ideal option.

So I whipped up a batch last week and took them with me. Turns out....I love them. The taste is great, and they are rather satisfying...my work schedule doesn't allow for a lunch break until about 2:00pm and this smoothie holds me over rather well.

Here is the recipe:

  • 1 1/2 cups of water
  • 1 head of organic romaine lettuce
  • 3-4 stalks of celery
  • A bunch of Kale
  • 1 Apple
  • 1 Pear
  • 1 Banana 
  • Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Add the lettuce and water and blend. Then add in the celery and kale. Once that is mixed well toss in the apple and pear. Lastly, mix in the banana and lemon juice. Pour into glass jars and enjoy!

Thanks to Kimberly Snyder for the recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates