07 January 2012

Gluten Free Dinner Under 30 Part 3

07 January 2012
It's steak fajita night! 



The problem with steak is that people tend to over-cook it and over-season it. Steak is a beautiful piece of meat- less is more in this case.

I simply pulled the grass-fed steaks out of the freezer before leaving for work. Once I got home all I had left to do was turn the Broiler on high and place the steaks on the bottom rack. 6 minutes later you flip them for another 6 minutes. Then move the steaks to the top rack for another couple minutes and you are done. I added a couple of spices to make it a bit more fajita like and of course some lemon juice.

Top your fajita however you like. My perfect fajita includes some EXTREMELY HOT salsa, fresh green peppers, roasted onion and mushrooms, and fresh lime-juiced tomatoes, on top of a Trader Joe's brown rice wrap. Yum!

The brown rice wrap was a nice treat from my sister. I had only ever had corn wraps prior, and while the brown rice are no easier to wrap than the corn, the flavor is much better, and the texture is less....hmmm how do I say this, chalky.

It was a great meal with 2 of the 3 of my sisters.


Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.
-- Jane Howard 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄Design by Pocket Distributed by Deluxe Templates