Weekend with the Family

I wasn't sure I was going to make it to the weekend, but I did. After a long week at work, family time is just want I needed.

I got into my parents pretty late on Friday night and then was up at the butt-crack-of-dawn to drive about another hour and a half to Penn State Mont Alto where the little one is. Exhausted as I was, I was determined to attend Cory's 5K walk/run. Thank God the walking part was an option ;D




After the run (cough cough walk) Mia, Matt (her boyfriend) and myself headed out. We toured around the area a bit and then we headed to the Pet Shop. This pet shop allowed you to take out the puppies and play with them. We choice an adorable English Bulldog. HA adorable? The store employees nicknames this dog "Frank the Tank". Not a good start to this puppy play date. The girl brought him over and immediately Frank started legit eating Mia. Forget her clothes and shoes, the skin must have tasted better. We felt bad but we made them put Frank back in his cage! The poor thing is going to have a hard time finding a home. It is too bad, he was adorable.

On the lunch - the best part of the day!
La Mattinas is honestly one of my favorite places. While appearance wise this place may not look like much. It is a family run -authentic Italian restaurant. The family's entire heart goes into each dish and you can taste the love and quaility with each dish. I enjoy the gluten free pasta and marina sauce with a side salad. The past, which is imported from Italy (or so I believe) was cooked al'dente. Yum!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Ayurvedic Carrot Soup