The family is a haven in a heartless world

The Family is a Haven in a Heartless World
-Christopher Lasch

I find myself at a very awkward point of my life. As a recent graduate, I am trying to prove myself in corporate america while living in a new/strange location; so I have very few friends to count on. Working 12-13 hours days, 5 days a week leaves very little time one to socialize. The free time that I do get, I tend to want to just hibernate and enjoy the peaceful moment to myself. Sometimes though, all I really need is a weekend with the family :D.

I recently made a trip to the the Pocono area to visit my grandparents. It had been too long since I had last had a quality with them. What a perfect opportunity, it being my Nana's 80th birthday. Happy Birthday Nana!




My mom planned a nice luncheon for Nana and I planned a Sunday Brunch at Carmen's restaurant and wine bar. I use to work at this hotel while I was still in undergrad. My how time has passed. The building is gorgeous, as was originally a train station. 

Anyhow, as you can see from below, my grandparents and mom enjoyed themselves! Here is to a great year ahead of you Nana!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016