Las Bugambilias, Philadelphia Gluten Free Friendly!

I fell in love with Las Bugambilias the moment I learned their menu is almost entirely gluten free, with the exception of the flour tortillas.

Compliments of tinseltine

The restaurant has character, from the pictures on their wall to the sun plates used for serving. Even though the space is small, and somewhat cramped, you still feel welcomed, comfortable and almost at home. I have to admit, after walking the 10 blocks in heels, I felt comfortable enough to take my shoes off and give my feet a break :D!

The servers where wonderful. One of our guests was rather picky and even went as far as to say, I hate Mexican food (Yikes!). Yet, our waitress was calm with the picky eater and even tried to find/create something she would enjoy. At the end of the night, the picky one no longer hated Mexican food.

While I had plenty of options and almost felt overwhelmed, I choose to go with the Enchiladas Vegetarianas with the Salsa Verde and no cheese. The reminder of the family choose a variety of things, from Enchilada de requezon, Enchiladas del mar, Enchiladas verdes (one of their best sellers), Ensalda Tropical, and Quesadillas. Everyone enjoyed their meal, including my dad! My dad is a VERY picky eater and he gave Las Bugambillas a double thumbs up, on portion size (you do not leave feeling hungry), taste, and price!

Prior to our meals, homemade salsa, hot sauce, and corn tortillas where brought to our tables. Honestly, I could have filled up on these alone. The hot sauce, for once, actually had a kick to it!

The meals came with authentic black beans, homemade corn tortillas, Mexican rice, and a small salad with pickled onions!


Many say that I am a bit of a food critic and that I am very picky when it comes to eating out - hey, if I am going to fork out the money, you (the restaurant) minds as well provide excellent service, atmosphere, and above all... good food. Las Bugambilias has been added to my very short list of favorite gluten free restaurants in Philadelphia, PA - well, really anywhere...

Compliments of macandcheesereview

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luhv Cafe - Vegan Bistro in Hatboro PA

Annual Family PSU Tailgating

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Updates on my Life

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

La Colombe Philadelphia, PA

Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

Vegan Gluten-Free Jackfruit Cubano

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly