Banana Leaf, Philadelphia PA

Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me... LALALALALA :D

I love birthdays. Well, really, I love any reason to celebrate. Life is too crazy not to stop and celebrate the small things. I have to say, I don't know that I have had this nice of a birthday in, well, forever. Not sure that I can top this one next year...


The day started normal-ish - I mean, I went to work and did my daily career woman duties, but I had plenty of nice happy birthday songs, cards, wishes, etc throughout the day. Once the work day was over, we headed into the city for the Hendrick's Voyages into the Unusual FREE event.

Honestly, this ranks as my most favorite Philadelphia event thus far! A. you can't beat a free event. B. they served you full size all you can drink amazing cocktails C. they had an adorable band D. the atmosphere / decor was on par and E. great company!

 

 The only negative is that I wasn't successful in getting very many nice pictures :(

After a night of plenty to drink, we were in need of a late night dinner. Not too many places are open that late for dinner in the city, so Fran requested Banana Leaf. I have to say, I was a little nervous ordering here and not having any sort of confirmation that the meal was gluten free - but Fran assured me I would be fine. She was right! I ate, enjoyed my meal, and did not feel sick in any way the next day. I can't wait to go back and try the Pad Thai without soy sauce. Everyone enjoyed their meal! The portions were large and the expense was very reasonable!

Thank you Philly and to all my loved ones - oh and a special shout out to the man with the acordian that sang Happy Birthday (dans le style fran├žais) to me out on the streets! I had the most amazing birthday and if this is any indication to of the year to come - I can't wait :D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016