Fall Comfort

Everyone defines comfort in their own terms - me? It has to be one of those cool days - you know, the ones you need snuggle up on a couch all day, maybe light a candle or two. Man, I really wish I had a fireplace.

My real comfort is cooking for those that I love. Fortunately  this fall I have been blessed to with plenty of opportunities to do just that.

All of the below recipes could have easily been made gluten free IF I was to have used gluten free pastas - the remaining ingredients = already gluten free approved.




 Tortellini Soup:
- Chicken Broth
- Mushrooms
- Kale
- Salt and Pepper
- Minced Garlic
- Tortellini 

 Lasagna Skillet:
- Saute onions and garlic
- Brown sausage and ground meat (we used chicken sausage and ground turkey)
- Mix in a couple blended tomatoes  milk, and broken lasagna noodles.
- Cover and let simmer
- Add the ricotta cheese and any other cheese you want.
- Place it in the broiler until cheese has completely melted.


These may have not been gluten free and safe for me to eat, but the smell of the masterpieces and the joy it brought to my family made it all worth it!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-Free and Vegan In Sri Lanka

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Airline Gluten-Free Foods

Sri Lanka Cinnamon Tour

Allergy Free Sri Lankan Thanksgiving

Pomegranet and Sweet Potatoe Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Home for the Holidays

Ayurvedic Tea

Sunset Moon and Wellness Round 3 for the Win!