Gluten Free Cream of Kale Salad

Those around me are making it clear that I need to come to terms and just accept that fall is here. I mean, the first official day of fall was 2 weeks ago. 

Typically, I love fall. I love the fall colors and in my house, it is BIRTHDAY month! However, for some reason, this year is hard for me to embrace the fall weather. In part, maybe it is because I had such a wonderful summer that I am sad to see it go. On the other hand, maybe I am just not ready to be cold - top that with the fact, we are still missing fall leaves. We do have a splash of color here and there - but nothing of what we should have. 

I've decided the best way to begin my embrace of Fall 2012, is to start cooking like it is fall. Warm, cozy, traditional meals - but with a healthy gf twist. 

Cream of Kale Salad
- One Red Onion
- Plenty of Garlic
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Pear
- Dried Figs
- Kale
- One Can of full-fat Coconut Milk

Directions: Sautee the onions and garlic. Toss in the kale, figs, and pears. Sprinkle in the salt and pepper (you may want to include some paprika). Once the kale looks well cooked, add in the entire can of coconut milk. Cook until warm. Serve warm and enjoy. 

Also, I tossed together a nice fruit salad for the fall party as well. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luhv Cafe - Vegan Bistro in Hatboro PA

Annual Family PSU Tailgating

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

La Colombe Philadelphia, PA

Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

Vegan Gluten-Free Jackfruit Cubano

Making the Most of Your Blender Cooking Class with Mt. Airy Learning Tree