How do you deal with all the Gluten during the Holiday Season?

Here are just some of the ingredients from my grandma's secret biscotti cookies. That's right, a whole 5lb bag of all purpose flour goes into these delicious, well-loved cookies. Well, as least I remember them to be delicious and the family seems to enjoy them. 

I don't want to be left out of the family traditions on the count of my gluten free allergy. I mean, it sucks to miss out on a number of life's pleasures, but more so during the holiday season when all I want to do is spend as much time with my family and loved ones as possible. Every year, I say, what the hey and go all in, and I ALWAYS regret it later on in the day when I realize that just the inhalation and close counters with gluten have caused me to feel like CRAP! 

This year I decided I wanted to enjoy the family traditions and NOT get sick. 

I came equipped. I have the essential apron. Added some hospital gloves to keep my hands clean and what I figure to be the most important part of this get-up.... the face mask. I may look ridiculous, I take that back, I know I look ridiculous. However, this was my first experience joining in with the family traditions and NOT getting sick so this will become an essential uniform for baking non-gf items! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Ayurvedic Carrot Soup