Traveling for the Holidays - gluten free style


Like a 10+ hour car ride is not enough to dread - when you mix in food allergies, things get a bit harder. My family likes to try and shorten the trip as much as possible and therefore, any stops made are quick in-and-out gas / bathroom breaks. So what does one pack to eat in the car that can travel well?

I have done a lot of investigating in this area - I have a portable fridge and a portable microwave. While the fridge is used almost always, the microwave rarely is. This time, I didn't want to pack the basic pb and j sandwiches. I did pack some salads and of course some oatmeal with my FAVORITE Christmas present, pistachio butter.

We made a quick gas stop and I ran in doors to grab a cup of hot water.  I simply mixed that with some gluten free rolled out, honey, cinnamon, toasted coconut pieces, and some pistachio butter. Filling, easy, and delicious.

I want to take this time to wish everyone a safe and happy new year! If you are out and about traveling tonight - be do so safely! Here is to an awesome 2013 and all that it has to bring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Ayurvedic Carrot Soup