My Journey with Artichokes

While I love artichoke hearts, I have never seen the entire artichoke. To be honest, I have only purchased artichoke hearts frozen -I have never ordered them out at a restaurant or attempted to make them myself. 

While finding artichokes at the Farmers Market, I decided to be a little adventurous. 


I did a little research online as to how to prepare artichokes - what was the better method, boiling, grilling, or baking. I chose to bake the artichokes. 


I cut the stems off the artichokes so that they would stand flat. Then I cut off the top part of the artichoke so that I could stuff them with garlic gloves and sprinkle with lemon juice. 


Then, I simply wrapped each artichoke into its own foil bundle and baked for a little over an hour at 425. 

I let the artichokes cool, removed the outer leaves and found the heart. Sorry there are no pictures, my roommate and I enjoyed them before I could snap a photo.  

I will be making these again! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016