Fermenting Fantastic Food In Philadelphia with Amanda

Amanda, a local Philadelphian, has a passion for fermentation and takes pleasure in educating others!

If you have any interest in fermentation, be not afraid, Amanda breaks down the steps of fermenting into an easily digestible process. Further details can be found on Amanda's blog, Phickle, plus add her blog to your reader for first hand notice of upcoming course offerings- trust me, it is well worth it!

Prior to attending the course with Amanda, I did express my  gluten free concerns - which she ever so knowledgeably replied back with confidence that this particular course would be 100% gluten free.

Upon arrival, which of course Fran and I were late to (my apologies a thousand times), Amanda had prepared a number of kimchi varieties - hot mild and very hot - served with corn wraps (yay, gluten free!). I enjoyed each variety, but we all know where my heart is --- the more heat the better.

Amanda quickly moved into the educational part of the course and then we were off, creating our own batch of kimchi. No need to be redundant but, just emphasizing that my group choose to but in a pretty decent amount of hot peppers. While we had free rein to be creative, Amanda was never more than an arms length away and ready to assist with any questions or concerns - and what a wealth of fermentation knowledge she is!

I think I have officially become a fermentation freak! I am counting down the days until I can dig into my prepared (extra extra extra hot) kimchi and looking forward to participating in some of Amanda's future fermentation courses.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Ayurvedic Carrot Soup