A Gluten Free Vegan Weekend of Traveling

While I love traveling and just packing up and running away for a weekend, sometimes, it's more of a stress than a relaxer. I don't know what I am going to find in terms of food --- what all do I need to pack and if I don't eat it, did I just waste food?

The questions and stress seem to pile up! This weekend however, I was determined to do it. I really wanted to make it to OCMD to support my sister and her team at their cheerleading competition. So I packed up and off we were.

I decided to pack a quick lunch for the car ride - it's a great way for me to waste some time in a long car ride. Especially since we all know, everyone else is going to fall asleep on me ...


For lunch I tossed together a cilantro pesto salad and some fresh mango! Again, addicted to mango!

The ride ended up a bit long thanks to traffic - but hey I got some good quality me time in! Which to be honest, after such a crazy busy week just kind of sitting and relaxing was much appreciated and the weather was just perfect. The sun was out and shinning and it was warm - but not too warm.

I made out like a bandit when it came to food this weekend, postings coming soon . There are still some restaurants, despite them having allergy menus, that I still just don't trust to provide a safe gluten free / vegan meal. When the fam squad ran into Ruby Tuesdays for a quick lunch I opted to bring in my own food, which Ruby Tuesdays was kind enough to allow.

I brought in a salad with a tahini honey dressing and a seaweed topping - which provide that nice needed saltiness to the salad!

Tahini Dressing
-Tahini
-Honey (not vegan, I know)
-Garlic
-Water
-Ground pepper

I had an awesome weekend - proud of the Penn State Mont Alto girls!

They performed with their hearts and nailed their movements!

Oh and look what we found - the FLAMINGO HOTEL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Ayurvedic Carrot Soup