Coyote Crossing, Not so Gluten Free Friendly

With a spur of the moment dinner out on the town, the group decided on Coyote Crossing, Conshocken, PA. I figured, Mexican is usually a safe heaven (vegetables, guacamole, etc.) for us GF folks- so why not give it a try. I did a quick google search and it appeared a number of gluten free customers have enjoyed their experiences at Coyote Crossing!

Upon arrival, I did a quick glance at the menu - it was pretty difficult to find a vegetarian friendly dish - but the waitress did mention that everything that was not on a flour wrap can be made gluten free safe, so props to Coyote Crossing for providing a rather large section of gluten free choices.

The problem here, I had an immediate allergic reaction to the pico de gallo and then my symptoms only worsened with my entree salad. Salads are usually safe for me - so I am going to assume this was a contamination issue rather than an ingredient. Not cool, Coyote Crossing - you really need to be careful on the contamination concerns!



Coyote Crossing, tries to provide for those of us on a gluten free diet, but I had no success. The waitress was accommodating and patient, but the food took forever, water refills were slow, and 10 bucks for a bed of lettuce a couple thin slices of apple and a slice of pineapple... eh, not a place I would return to - but thanks for trying Coyote!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016