Kimberly Snyder's Probiotic Salad
After much hesitation, I finally decided to create one of Kimberly Snyder's recipes.Knowing how much I enjoyed my recent Kimchi experience, I decided to give Kimberly's Probiotic and enzyme salad a try - with a small twist.
1. Remove 6 outer leaves of a head of cabbage (I used a purple cabbage)
2. Shred the cabbage in your food processor.
3. Blend together: 4 cups of water, 1 tablespoon miso (an organic and unpasteurized
version), and a small piece of ginger
4. Pour your wet mixture over your cabbage ( I let mine set for a good 30 minutes)
5. Pack your jars tightly (use a wooden spoon to help pact down the cabbage)
6. Roll your outer cabbage pieces and place on the top of the jars before sealing
7. Wait 5 days, then open the jar, discard the outer leaves and refrigerate
**NOTE - leaking from the jars may occur, this is fine and part of the process.