When Traveling Gluten Free becomes almost impossible

We all know that eating gluten free is a challenge in foreign areas, but when that area is the middle of bum frick nowhere...it becomes all that more impossible. 

I tried my best to pack some food options that would not require cooling, heating, very much prep work, etc...I failed. I was not entirely successful. Some of my food spoiled before I could eat it and I found myself craving other items that what I had packed...oh well, beggars can't be choosers. 

On our Labor Day Camping Adventure - ha ha ha camping, that is, if you consider camping putting the tent up in a thunderstorm and then never setting foot near the tent for the remainder of your weekend camping, well than that is what I did. I personally consider it more of an adventure :) 
Anyhow, during this camping adventure, I ended up soaking wet and simply wanted a nice warm home cooked meal to make me feel better. After a long and hard search, we accidentally stumbled upon Timeless Destinations who graciously agreed to make me a nice plate of steamed vegetables (no salt, oil, or butter was added) to go along with my picnicked dinner. 

I have to say, for a plate full of steamed veggies, they did an excellent job plating - very appealing! They even topped it with some fresh bruschetta. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luhv Cafe - Vegan Bistro in Hatboro PA

Annual Family PSU Tailgating

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Updates on my Life

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

La Colombe Philadelphia, PA

Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

Vegan Gluten-Free Jackfruit Cubano

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly