Miracle Noodles

As always, traveling with food allergies can be a pain in the rear! That's why it is always important to come prepared, but when your hostess is insisting you bring nothing...eh, it makes life a little, well, interesting.

I knew better than to come with absolutely nothing, so I brought meal "additions" - so I wasn't necessarily bringing anything...but then I still had my basis covered.

My hostess was rather excited because she had found these "miracle noodles" that are gluten free.

I found some spinach and salad fixings within her fridge - so I made a basic salad with lemon dressing and then I made these noodles with roasted red pepper sauce that I brought with me.

I wasn't sure what to expect because when you first open the noodles they have an off smell - almost like a fish-like smell. But after rinsing them and boiling them for about a minute, the smell goes away and the noodles re virtually taste-less. So it is a darn good thing I brought my sauce!

The noodles are low is calories and have a pretty decent texture. They were super simple to make and a great convenient product!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Ayurvedic Carrot Soup