Homemade Vegan and Gluten Free Sirracha Sauce

I've really been enjoying experimenting and making my own foods and condiments. Sometimes my experiments are a success and other times, they turn out to be drastic, horrible, awful fails. Either way, it is a learning experience for myself and only adds to my knowledge bank.

The other big positive, when I make my own food and condiments, I know EXACTLY what is in my food and how much of each ingredient was used.

Since I have been eating hot sauces like it's my job, I decided to look up a couple different recipes and see how I could make my own successful batch of Sirracha sauce. I didn't love many of the recipes I found. Either they had ingredients that I would rather not use or they seemed more complicated than I had time for. Either way, I decided I educated myself enough and I would just create my own recipe on a whim.

I started with some red jalapeno peppers, garlic, and apple cider vinegar.

I placed all the ingredients into a mason jar, gave it a nice shake, and let it set for a good 24 hours.

The next day, I took my jar of goodies and dumped it into a pot. I brought the pot to a boil, let it simmer a bit longer -- honestly, I was just enjoying the smell - which was rather strong and provided hopes to me that this sauce actually might be a win!

Once the pot had enough time to simmer, I let it cool for about a good 30-45 minutes. Then, because I was overly-anxious, I dumped all the ingredients into a blender. I added some red chili powder and tumeric and then mixed it all up!

The final product came out thicker than the recipes I had reviewed. So win for me, because I do not like running sauces. Those of you that do, you can simply add in some more apple cider vinegar or water to the mixture to thin it out.

The color was fabulous! When I first started to blend, I got a bit nervous that I had added too much tumeric and that I would be left with an unappealing yellowish-brownish colored sauce.

Now, for the most important aspect, the taste. The taste was good. At first, I didn't think it was as hott has I would have liked it, but I didn't to just give it a moment, because the heat factor was just a bit delayed!

I can't wait to make this again and maybe even add some ginger!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luhv Cafe - Vegan Bistro in Hatboro PA

Annual Family PSU Tailgating

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Updates on my Life

Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

The Juice Merchant - Narberth, PA Opening Day

La Colombe Philadelphia, PA

Creamy Vegan and Gluten-Free Savory Curry Zucchini Oats