Making Fermented Vegetables Just Got Easier

I typically ferment my vegetables using miso. However, I ran out and I did not have time to get some more before wanting to make more fermented cabbage. You know the problem, you really want to get this task off of your to-do list but you really do not want to have to run to the store for this single item. I personally, run into the store for a single item, and more often then not come back with a pile of crap I did not need. 
In avoidance of the grocery store today, I found one last jar of homemade kimchi in the back of the fridge. I prepared my vegetables as I normally would - cutting them into small pieces and then I dumped all the remaining liquid from the current kimchi into my blender. I added some additional seasonings and water. 

That was it! I dumped that mixture over the vegetables. Let the mixture sit for a good 30 minutes and then stuffed them into their jars, capping them with a couple outer leaves from the cabbage. In 5 days we will see how well or not so well this idea of mine, or some may call, laziness, turns out. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Ayurvedic Carrot Soup