How Does A Gluten Free Vegan Travel?!

The big question, what does one do when traveling with a gluten free vegan diet?
The simplest answer I can give, prepare! Anytime I travel, I am sure to bring enough food that I will not go hungry, especially when I am traveling with others.

I have come to find that my traveling fridge is a huge help. I purchased one a couple years ago and then I added a converter to it so that I can take it from the car to the indoors.

Planning a quick weekend getaway to the beach with my boyfriend's family, I decided my best option was to prepare every meal in a to-go container with no additional preparation needed.

Breakfast was an easy option, just make my Glowing Green Smoothie and pack some additional fruit. I put together strawberry and banana packets to add with my smoothies. 

For my lunches and dinners I decided to go with salads and a raw pasta dish. 


 For two of my meals I put together an amazing salad!

Ingredients For Salad: 
- Greens of your choice
- Sprouts
- Celery
- Cucumber
- Peppers
- Tomatoes 
- Dried Seaweed
- Cilantro
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Turmeric
- Red Pepper
- Snap Peas
- Radish
- Broccoli
- Sunflower Seeds 
- Avocado 
- Lemon Juice
- Grated Ginger
- Dressing of your choice

Ingredients for Celery Dressing:
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Water
- Celery
- Ginger
- Pepper

Ingredients for Tahini Dressing:
- Homemade Tahini (or store bought)
- Tumeric
- Honey 
- Water
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Hot Sauce

For an additional food option, I choose to make a small side salad and rainbow carrot pasta dish. 
Ingredients for Rainbow Carrot Pasta:
- Rainbow Carrots
- Almond Butter
- Honey
- Turmeric
- Water
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Snap Peas
- Broccoli
- Tomatoes
- Peppers
- Black Pepper
- Hot Sauce

Simply mix everything together and let sit for a full 24 hours. This will allow the carrots to soften and for the sauce to soak in some flavor. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luhv Cafe - Vegan Bistro in Hatboro PA

Annual Family PSU Tailgating

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

La Colombe Philadelphia, PA

Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

Making the Most of Your Blender Cooking Class with Mt. Airy Learning Tree

Vegan Gluten-Free Jackfruit Cubano