Fresh Canada

Finally I found the time to return to Canada for another visit! I was determined to revisit FRESH! This was my favorite place last visit! 

This time around we were dragging the boyfriends with us, who are NOT vegetarian eaters in any way shape or form. Poor kids ;)

The girls started with the fresh platter taster. It consisted of sikil pak, cashew scallion pate, dukkah & olive oil, green pea and tarragon spread, flax hummus with za'atar, marinated olives, cucumber and heirloom grape tomatoes. We just asked that the bread come separately so that I could still enjoy the dish gluten free and my aunt and sister could still enjoy their bread. 


The boys started with the french fries and "cheese" sauce. 

I was surprised by their reaction. I don't think they understood that it was a vegan restaurant - I had to inform them after they ordered that the "cheese" sauce was not really cheese! To my dismay, the boys LOVED IT! They even let me try a quick bite! The sauce was "cheesy" and full of flavor! 

I made the mistake of ordering the exact same thing I did last time, the green goddess bowl - but I say it's a mistake because I truly did enjoy this meal on my last visit. I enjoyed it so much, that I went home and recreated it myself and I have to say, I preferred my version.  So I was a bit disappointed and felt that the flavor was lacking.

Another dish from the table was the buddha bowl. Everyone tolerated their choices but I could tell that everyone felt this was not as enjoyable as last time! Maybe a new chef?

Overall we enjoyed our tasters and this time around, we learned we only needed the baby sizes! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-Free and Vegan In Sri Lanka

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Airline Gluten-Free Foods

Sri Lanka Cinnamon Tour

Allergy Free Sri Lankan Thanksgiving

Pomegranet and Sweet Potatoe Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Home for the Holidays

Ayurvedic Tea

Sunset Moon and Wellness Round 3 for the Win!