Simply Shabu

Simply Shabu is the one and only hot pot in Philadelphia! I had never been to a hot pot before and I wasn't entirely sure how they worked, but I thought it would make for an interesting adventure! Upon arrival, I did my research and double checked they could accommodate gluten free and I was impressed to hear that more than 95% of their menu was naturally gluten free!

When we arrived, we were greeted by the friendly staff and seated early! We ordered a couple of appetizers and a pot of tea to share with the table. The tea was okay - not sure what type of tea it was, but it wasn't a table favorite and I found it odd, they filled out classes and then removed the tea pot from the table - I like
to have control over my own hot tea, thank you very much!

After looking at the many of options on the menu, I decided to go with some a' la carte options.
I went with the spicy broth, vegetable bowl (substituting out the corn and mushrooms), seaweed, daikon, taro, and lotus root.

Once you place the order, your filings start to trickle out pretty rapidly. Not knowing what we were doing, I just started dumping everything in. I have since learned, some things need a longer time to cook than others....hey, practice makes perfect!

Overall, everyone enjoyed the experience. Flavor wise, I wish I would have had a bit more spice in my broth, however, adding some additional garlic did help and my seaweed made the dish!

Experience wise, the staff seemed to be a bit of the short side, I didn't like that they held onto our tea but pricing was very reasonable and the food was fresh!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016