Trying New Things

What is the best part of a Farmer's Market? The opportunity to explore and try new things! So long as the items are gluten free and at a minimum vegetarian - I am more than happy to try them out!

On one of my recent Farmer's Market adventures - I found a product called Malanga. There was very little information on these babies - just that some other customer told the seller that they resembled a potato and one would cook them by any means you would cook a potato.

I love potatoes - Japanese or White Sweet Potatoes being my favorite, but I enjoy them all! So why not give these Malangas a try.

I did a little research - but figured eh - I'll wing it. So I steamed these little guys up - skin and all and I LOVED them! They taste almost nutty like - have the texture very similar to that of a potato - and apparently are a great hypo-allergenic food! Win-Win!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-Free and Vegan In Sri Lanka

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Airline Gluten-Free Foods

Sri Lanka Cinnamon Tour

Allergy Free Sri Lankan Thanksgiving

Pomegranet and Sweet Potatoe Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Home for the Holidays

Ayurvedic Tea

Sunset Moon and Wellness Round 3 for the Win!