Trying the Ayurveda Route

With 10-years of poor health - I have decided that with all the recent changes in my life, now is the perfect time to learn to stop giving so much to others and really focus on myself.

I have realized that in giving to others, I was taking away from myself - not just energy, but mentally and in a loving capacity. I was wearing myself down and feeling worthless in every sense. This worthless feeling was carrying a negative-vibe throughout my daily activities.

So here is to a whole new me! I have started seeing an Ayurvedic doctor and spending more and more time with myself and being content with that. While time-alone is important, I do also make the time to ensure that I spend with friends and family as much as possible. I have begun to filter out any of the negative people in my life and embrace those that are true.

With that being said, I am learning I am a VATA dosha and that it is best for me to keep to a daily routine and in this cooler weather, I need to focus on staying warm!

As per the doctor's request, I have started giving myself daily massages (morning and evening). At first, I found this was the hardest adjustment for me. I was not comfortable with myself.... at all! But funny enough, I was so busy being everyone else's support and providing everyone else with love, that I had not realized that I no longer loved myself.

It has only been a short time since I have started these daily massages and I am already seeing some great improvement! It goes to show you the true power of the ever-cliche saying of "if you don't love yourself, who will?".

More to come on my journey of a whole new health - mind, body, and soul. Cleaning out all the negative in my life, spoiling myself from time-to-time and learning to love <3.

Here is one my new VATA Balancing Recipes:
Soup with oatmeal. I literally took all the vegetables that I had left in the house (rutabaga, zucchini, etc) and boiled it in a pot of ginger, seaweed, and seasonings.

After allowing the mixture to cook together thoroughly. I ran everything through the Vitamix.

Tada - soup was done! Now just add a little gluten free oats - cook until a soft mush and enjoy!

I know it looks a bit funky, but the taste was actually on par!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Camping Done Healthy (Gluten-Free Camping).