Buttercup Squash Soup (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan)

It has been about a month since my first Ayurvedic appointment and I have noticed a complete shift in my mood - thoughts - actions.... and pretty much everyone in my life has noticed some physical changes (including my skin color / glow).

I am learning to not just eat-to-eat, but to enjoy my food and the art of taking time to prepare it.

While with a busy work schedule it is almost impossible not to eat leftovers (or I would be eating dinner at midnight!) - I do try and eat food 2-days or younger.

Buttercup squash is actually a variation of the beloved Kabocha Squash - and the skin is edible and contains many health benefits!

Some benefits include: phytonutrients, fiber, iron, and the skin is packed with Vitamin C! Actually, the skin of a buttercup squash has 22% more calcium than the same weight of milk! The squash itself is fat-free, filled with complex carbs (the good kind) and 12% protein!

Buttercup Squash Soup
- 2 Cups Water
- Ginger pieces ( to your liking)
- Garlic Cloves (to your liking, but I used about 5)
- Fennel Seeds
- Spices to your liking ( I used a mixture of Tumeric, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg)
- Seaweed
-1 Buttercup Squash (roasted whole and seeds removed).

In a sauce pan, I combined the water, ginger, garlic, fennel seeds, spices and seaweed while I left the squash roast in the oven.

I allowed the broth to simmer on low for about an hour or so to really absorb flavor.
Once the squash was ready, I scooped the insides out and placed everything into the Vitamix to make a nice creamy soup!

I have been struggling to just commit to this one texture and not chomp on some raw veggies, so I have been substituting with Dulse Seaweed (YUM)!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-Free and Vegan In Sri Lanka

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Airline Gluten-Free Foods

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Sri Lanka Cinnamon Tour

Allergy Free Sri Lankan Thanksgiving

Pomegranet and Sweet Potatoe Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Ayurvedic Tea

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Sunset Moon and Wellness Round 3 for the Win!