My Progress

People have been asking how my progress is doing - I have had four months of drastic changes in my life - (single, new doctor, new car, new residence, etc)

I suppose my answer would be, it changes from day-to-day. Like any other human being, some days are great, some days are mediocre, some days are crap - but you have to keep moving.

A good friend of mine read a beautiful quote to me this morning as I awoke out of my morning savasana - it went something like, "sometimes when you think you have been buried, you have really only just been planted." This quote touched me and I immediately and silently said to myself, "ditto."

I'm sure I have said this a number of times before, but I do strongly believe that everything happens for a reason and sometimes we can see that reason clear as day and other times it may take days, months or even years to uncover the reason(s). You just need to have faith that everything will turn out for the best and that every journey you take on the way should never be regretted, only embraced that it has taught you another lesson in life.

With it being a new year, I have decided to do things a bit differently - no New Year's Resolutions over here - just a new journey of doing things that take me out of my comfort zone and into some unique experiences.

I found a list of 52 unique things to do each week of the new year and I said, heck why not. The first week's assignment was to hand write a note to someone you have lost touch with over the years. I selected my aunt as a recipient of this beautiful gift. Long story short - I have a number of aunts but this particular aunt, due to family-drama, has removed herself from the family and is currently battling some health struggles. At this point in time, I felt like I could relate to her and decided I should send her some gentle and healing love.

The second week's assignment is to bake a birthday cake. This is something I have not done in probably a good 5 or 6 years just because of all the nasty gluten. With many birthday's coming up this month (my brother-in-law, mom, and dad) it is the perfect time to find a good flour-less cake recipe! Keep your eye open for a recipe post soon.

I noticed that I had lost myself and that I no longer loved myself or, for that matter, even liked who I became. No need to really go into the details of why or how, but the important aspect here is to note that I am moving forward and finding myself and happiness.

I am making more times for social activities and balancing that with alone time as well so that I am forced to re-learn / learn to love myself once again.

I'm investing a lot of time, money, and patience into my health and some days I truly see an improvement and find that I am full of energy, ambition, and positive mood and then I still have the days where I do not feel well, my digestion is poor, and I'm mentally and physically exhausted. On these days, I just remind myself that tomorrow is a new day and not every day can be a good one or I would loose appreciation for the good days that I do have.

Here are a couple of things I have been eating lots and lots of...

Homemade Kitchari - I vary the recipe each time but I seem to be enjoying it. Very warm and soothing to the soul. :)

I have also been taking vegetable (normally a squash or gourd) soup and adding oatmeal to it.

Lastly, I have been devouring this specialty squash called Opo which is apparently very difficult to find - lucky me I was able to find it at a local international market.

 I will end today's post with a quick note of gratitude.

What am I grateful for:
* Every morning I wake
*Family
*A job
*New car
*Friends
*A place to call home
*My breath
*Essential Oil Diffuser



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Camping Done Healthy (Gluten-Free Camping).