Fennel Pea Soup - Gluten Free and Vegan

Fennel Pea Soup:

*Fennel Seed
*Star Anise
*Ginger
*Nutmeg
*Cinnamon
*Turmeric
*Frozen Peas
*Gluten Free Oats

Take a sauce pan, roast the ginger, fennel seeds, star anise and lightly toast them for 5 minutes or until aromatic.

Add in some water and the remaining ingredients (excluding the oats).

Let simmer for as long as you would like. The longer it simmers, the more the flavors will begin to marry one another.

Add everything to your blender (I use the Vitamix) and then puree until smooth.

Store, and for each serving, add a 1/2 cup of gluten free oats, microwave until done and enjoy!

I have found this soup combination to be one of my favorites this winter. I love the way oats almost "glue" themselves to my insides :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016