Breakfast Ideas

A lot of people ask me what I eat for breakfast during the winter months - I always start with the speech "I don not recommend eating cold smoothies for breakfast during the winter season". After plenty of research, I have found that cold food during the winter tends to put our bodies into a flight-or-fight mode. Which, let's be honest, this is not the way any of us want to start our day, especially on a Monday.

There are a couple of things I have been sticking to for winter breakfasts and one is oatmeal vegetable soup. I like to take a jar of soup (preferably homemade, but store bought can work just as well) - recently I have been enjoying zucchini and pea soups - heavy on the fennel :) and mix in some oats.

This is beyond easy to make. I literally take the soup, pour it into a bowl, add some oatmeal and heat for about 3-4 minutes  in the microwave. It provides for me a warming and hearty breakfast to get my day started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016