Moong Dal - An Ayurvedic Health Food


After having done plenty of experimenting with food recently - I really was not feeling my best. I turned to the food my Ayurvedic doctor praises, Moong Dal.

I was using Moong Dal for Kitchari - but hadn't really done much more experimenting than that.

I made my healing pea soup (with plenty of cilantro included) and decided, instead of adding gluten free oats, I would use Moong Dal.

I started by soaking the Moong Dal for a good 24 hours (makes it easier to digest) and then, without measuring, I added enough water to cover the Moong Dal and cooked it on low for a good 30-40 minutes or until it became a mushy-like consistency.

The Moong Dal adds a bit of an earthy taste to the dish and still provided the starch my body craves in the winter months.

Needless to say, after indulging in my Moong Dal dish for both lunch and dinner, by the next morning I was already feeling significantly better.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luhv Cafe - Vegan Bistro in Hatboro PA

Annual Family PSU Tailgating

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Updates on my Life

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

La Colombe Philadelphia, PA

Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

Vegan Gluten-Free Jackfruit Cubano

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly