One Step Forward, Two Steps Backwards

"Truth. Life is beautiful." 

Life is a journey and if you are afraid that with every leap of faith you take, that you will fall behind ten steps and never be able to recover - well then, what type of life do you have to look forward to? 

Honestly, if you live in fear, you will shield yourself from any wonderful opportunities that life has in store for you. 

While I am on this journey of healing my gut and overall health, my diet is very restricted and "safe". However, it also lacks in a number of nutrition opportunities (i.e fermented foods, healthy fats, healthy oils, etc). Whenever I have a slip up, it is painful and takes a number of days to recover. 

Many ask, "then why deviate from the simple menu that works?" Easy. I want to be healthy and I need to continue to challenge my body and see what does and does not work for it. Or I will remain stagnant in progress. 

I need "cheat" days just like everyone else or I would go insane. I have some good days, some okay days, and sometimes when I experiment, I have terrible days. Actually, there are a number of days when I am following the "simple" diet that I still feel miserable. For me, I feel like it's a game of Russian Roulette - I wake up and I already know, OH NO! Today is going to be a rough one for me, or maybe I think, awesome, I feel strong and healthy today. I can't gauge it. 

I choose to be adventuresome in my food, why have I struggled to do so in life? Ha - that's likely because there is no pill I can pop to heal a broken heart or control the feelings that arise from leaping in the dark! Making it a goal of mine to venture into more "un-safe" waters, this year. I'm learning, it's okay to fall down. It's okay to be sad. It's okay to be mad. It's okay to be lonely. It's okay to be overwhelmed. It's okay to be bold and go for what you want in life. Experiment. 

Live life to it's fullest and learn from the past, but never regret it. 

This week's experiment in food was a Glutino Bagel with peanut butter, almond butter, honey, and ginger syrup. 

I have to say, I remember loving these bagels and I don't. 300+ calories and they are gooey and chewy. 

I can't wait to Sweet Note allergy free bagels

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016