My First Ever Juice Cleanse

I have always wanted to try a juice cleanse but have always had a couple reservations:
1. The expense
2. Would I starve
3. I LOVE LOVE eating food

I couldn't justify my reservations once my place of employment was hosting a corporate-wide juice cleanse with Ryan Crown's Philly Juice Club, Philadelphia PA - so I decided to go all in.

There was a number of unique cleanse packages to select from but I decided to go with the following:

DAY 1:  48oz of ON (Red Beet, Organic Carrots, Lime, Ginger Root, and Parsley),


16oz Banana Brain Smoothie (Organic Bananas, Mango, Hemp Seeds, Cinnamon Bark, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Vanilla Almond Milk).

DAY 2: 48oz Alkaline Forest (Kale, Cucumber, Dandelion, Parsley, Celery, Cilantro, Dill, Apples)

16 oz Green Buddha  Smoothie (Pineapple, Basil, Organic Banana, Spinach, Coconut Oil, Cayenne Pepper, Aloe Vera, Vanilla Almond Milk).

Day 3: 48oz Alter-Native (Lemongrass, Apples, Ginger Root, Pineapple, Cucumber)

16 oz Green Buddha  Smoothie (Pineapple, Basil, Organic Banana, Spinach, Coconut Oil, Cayenne Pepper, Aloe Vera, Vanilla Almond Milk).

How did I do?

Day 1:  Day one was great. I took 8 ounces of juice every two-hours with the full 16oz smoothie at lunch. I was fabulous until I got home around 7:00pm after the gym where I thought I might die. I needed more calories and added in some fresh dates and steamed apples.

Day 2: I started with steamed fruit and then continues with the fresh juice and smoothies. I ended the night with steamed apples and did very well.

Day 3: I did straight juice until the evening where I ended with steamed apples.

Overall, I was able to kick my gum habit, my stomach was no longer bloated, and I felt great. I was low on energy, which I assume was due to the lack of calories but I survived rather well and would definitely consider doing another cleanse.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016