Trying Citron Fruit

One of my amazing farmer's market finds this past weekend was a Citron Fruit. Actually, at first glance, I thought it was an over-sized lemon.

Knowing me, I had to ask the farmers for more details, but they actually had none to share. They informed me that they too had to research a bit about it.

Come to find out it is actually a Citron fruit - you can read more about it here.

I was excited to see all of the health benefits and figured, just like I do with anything else, I will give it a try.

After washing the fruit, I sliced it and added some cinnamon to it.

It wasn't bad, but it got a sour quickly and I found myself not finishing it. I think I would enjoy it more in it's candied form.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luhv Cafe - Vegan Bistro in Hatboro PA

Annual Family PSU Tailgating

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Updates on my Life

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

La Colombe Philadelphia, PA

Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

Vegan Gluten-Free Jackfruit Cubano

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly