Vientiane Cafe - Gluten Free and Vegan in West Philadelphia

Okay - typically I don't find enjoyment in repeating the same movie, restaurant, dinner, etc over and over and over and over again. However, I literally think I could rock Vientiane Cafe pretty much on a weekly basis.

I say this not only because the menu is very NICOLE FRIENDLY. As in, they offer a number of gluten free options BUT they can also accommodate almost every dish on the menu to be vegan. ALLELUIA!  I can hear the birds singing! Now, add in the fact that the ingredients are always fresh, it is a BYOB joint, they are very reasonable on price, and we are officially in heaven. Actually, we are in heaven, floating on a cloud. Let's be real, every dreams of being able to chill on a cloud at some point in time, right?

Back to dinner. I noticed they have made some additions to their menu and while I am in love with their King Soup (seriously, I crave this soup often) and hate to verge to new things in fear of disappointment,  I couldn't help myself.

I went with a small order of the Rice Porridge and the Vegan Pho. Neither of which disappointment me. In fact, I couldn't stop eating the porridge - well, I could do without the crispy tofu as I prefer their pillow-like tofu in their soup dishes. Other than that, the porridge is the perfect comfort food that is also somehow healthy for you- is that possible to put comfort and healthy together in the same sentence when describing food? Oh well, I just did and Vientiane made it happen!

The porridge has a cream-like texture and the flavor is subtle but bold all in one. I highly recommend it. I learned my lesson and next time I will order a large and not share! :)

Okay, enough rambling - if you have not yet checked out Vientiane Cafe, RUN THERE quickly and enjoy their cozy setting!




Comments

  1. Their manager rocks! Thanks to their great team, I'm so happy I chose this venue for my event! I had a great time at Seattle venues here and think the atmosphere is as good as it gets. I will be astonished if I ever find a negative review on these guys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Luhv Cafe - Vegan Bistro in Hatboro PA

Annual Family PSU Tailgating

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

La Colombe Philadelphia, PA

Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

Vegan Gluten-Free Jackfruit Cubano

Making the Most of Your Blender Cooking Class with Mt. Airy Learning Tree