Desi Village Indian Restaurant

Continuing my journey or trying all the things I have always wanted to try but I allowed someone or something to hold me back - Indian food was on the top of the list.

While visiting my sister and another sister in for a visit, we decided to walk down the street and check out Desi Village. At first, I was a bit nervous, as the first waiter did not understand my question in regards to gluten free meals. No big deal, another waiter came out and was able to help accommodate. Not only was he able to help me review what was and was not safe - my sisters and I couldn't decided on the meals of choice and decided to ask the waiter if he wouldn't mind bringing out three surprise dishes. The waiter took our challenge and met it! A couple of minutes later our table was filled with lots and lots of wonderful white rice and three fantastic dishes.
1. Dal Makhani
2. Chicken Jalfrezi
3. Achari Lamb

Since I don't really do meat anymore, I stuck with the sauces of the non-vegetarian dishes and indulged in the Dal Makhani - which was actually everyone's favorite!

All three of us ate lots and lots of food for under 40.00!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-Free and Vegan In Sri Lanka

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Airline Gluten-Free Foods

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Sri Lanka Cinnamon Tour

Allergy Free Sri Lankan Thanksgiving

Pomegranet and Sweet Potatoe Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Ayurvedic Tea

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Sunset Moon and Wellness Round 3 for the Win!