Vegan & Gluten Free Zucchini Noodle Mac-N-CHEEZE

With summer harvest over-crowding my fridge - I have started to get a bit more creative on my dishes.
For lunch this week, I am rocking something that I have been craving for some time now, mac and cheese. I am putting a healthy, Nicole-Friendly spin on it! 

I took a couple yellow squash and spiralized them to create noodles. 
I tossed in a little lemon juice to keep them fresh and sprinkled some fresh cilantro and Ajwain Seed (good for digestion and bowel issues). 

Then, as I usually do, I just started tossing items into my Vitamix. 
*Zucchini (deskinned), Cilantro, Dairy-Free Milk, Carrots, Garlic, Mustard, Mustard Seeds, Tumeric.... Basically, whatever I could find that sounded like it might mix well. 

I left the Vitamix on the highest setting for a good 5-minutes to get a nice creamy texture. When I removed the lid and took a whiff, YUM! I can't wait to serve this over my squash noodles!

What's the verdict on taste and texture?



Texture - I want to make this a bit thicker - maybe next time i will choose to use a bit less milk and increase the vegetables for a thicker consistency. Adding in some nut butter might increase the consistency as well.

Taste - taste was not bad, but it was missing something. Maybe a little paprika or a touch of cumin would increase the umami flavor profile.

I will continue to play around with this recipe and find something I love. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-Free and Vegan In Sri Lanka

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Airline Gluten-Free Foods

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Sri Lanka Cinnamon Tour

Allergy Free Sri Lankan Thanksgiving

Pomegranet and Sweet Potatoe Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Ayurvedic Tea

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Sunset Moon and Wellness Round 3 for the Win!