Gluten Free and Vegan Tailgating

We take our tailgating very serious and with a noon game, we plan to arrive around 7:00am.

This year, life's funny little reminders that you can't plan life, you can't take life for granted, and that you can't plan your future tossed us a curve-ball as we were involved in a minor accident that morning.

While everyone was able to walk away from both vehicles and only complain about a small discomfort in their back, neck, and knee - I would consider ourselves very fortunate.

It is situations like these where you can't go on blaming anyone. It was an accident and just that. No one planned it, no one meant for it to happen and no one certainly wanted to incur the additional expenses - but life happens and it is rude awaking that you need to start treasuring life. Stop complaining, stop judging, stop fussing, so wake up every day with gratitude that you have the opportunity to make this day a great day. You have the opportunity to love - love yourself, love your family, love your pets, love significant others, etc one more day! Treasure life! Be there for others. Make time for you. Smile more often. Find happiness in the life you have!

After everything was some what worked out with insurance and the police, we made our way to have a great day! I started with some gluten free and vegan oatmeal pancakes.

  • Gluten Free Oats
  • Cinnamon
  • Pumpkin Pie Spice
  • Ginger
  • Nutmeg
  • Zucchini
  • Almond Milk
  • Banana
Without the Vitamix, I had to alter this recipe a tad bit in a normal blender....the Vitamix just mixes it up a bit smoother and thicker.

These were simple to heat on my Thermos Grill. Each side took about 4 minutes with the lid closed.
I then topped these with some homemade, sugar-free concord grape jam!

For lunch and dinner (that's right we rock out all day, seriously, anyone who leaves immediately after the game is missing out on all the fun people-watching) I made a stuffed patty pan squash and roasted pumpkin dish.

When I was web searching for creative squash recipes, everyone and their mother appeared to stuff patty pans, which I have never done and found it boring, but when I was crunched for time on the prep and noticed I had another serving of Kitchari left, I said, the heck with it - I am joining the cult!

I simply took 4 patty pan squash, cut their tops off, scooped out their centers and filled them with the Kitchari. I sprinkled a little extra nutmeg on top and some fresh cilantro.

For the pumpkin dish, I cubed up the pumpkin (removing seeds and the skin) and added cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, scallions, dried dates and a small amount of my coconut oil and honey mixture.

 I must say, the stuffed squash was pretty legit and enjoyed! I guess it is okay to sometimes follow the larger crowd!



Comments

  1. I wish I liked to cook. This all sounds delish. & I'm happy you are all ok!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Asiana Garden, Radnor, PA Gluten Free and Vegan

Philly Gala for the Humane Leaque

Philly Vegan Gala 12/10/2016