Butternut Squash Fudge (Gluten Free and Vegan)

It's that time of year - winter squash!

I've been trying to be creatives and think of some alternative ways to prepare these wondrous vegetables!

While I could eat them steamed and sprinkled with a little seasoning any time of day or night - when it comes to attending Halloween events (pumpkin carving parties, work potlucks, etc) I try to be a bit more creative.

I won't lie, this recipe was developed because I was being lazy and didn't want to deal with hauling in the heavy slow cooker into work or having to reheat something in the microwave. Creativity kicked-in and I am up and running.

Who doesn't like fudge? Bingo, fudge it is. Now, which winter squash variety do I have the most of.... butternut,okay butternut it is. Now, the base, I know many recipes call for a nut butter base and I happen to have a new cashew nut butter or two that would work perfectly.

Now the juices are flowing. I bring out the saucepan. Toss in the cashew butter. I need something else...got it...coconut butter! I add in a couple of spices, some maple syrup (to keep it vegan yet give it a bit of sweetness) then I mixed in the mashed butternut squash. Once everything was in a smooth-like texture, I poured it into a pyrex pan and let it set in the fridge for a good 24-hours to settle.

Ingredients
* 4 Cups of any nut butter of choice (I had cashew on hand)
* 2 Cups of Coconut Oil
* Some pumpkin Spice
*1/4 Cup maple syrup ( or more depending on how sweet you would like it)
*2 - 2/12 cups mashed winter squash of your choice ( I went with the butternut)

Now, the true test - did the potluckers enjoy the fudge? They loved it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Ayurvedic Carrot Soup