Fall Flavors in a Savory Moong Dal Dish Without A Pressure Cooker

I have spent the last week and a half eating off schedule, off routine and certainly cheating. To be clear, I was still maintaining a gluten-free and vegetarian diet, just also consumed some processed foods, dairy, oils, etc that I wouldn't normally eat while trying to heal my gut.

However, I was traveling, enjoying the GFAF Expo, and trying to enjoy my birthday as well.

It was time for me to get back into the rhythm of things and slow down. I needed to pay attention to what I was consuming and when.

I was approached with yet another traveling opportunity and could have been lazy and left it as such, but instead, I decided to get back into the swing of things and make a delicious fall dinner that I would enjoy and others would actually envy (or at least be intrigued).

I do get an enjoyment when others are intrigued and even interested in the foods that I am eating. It helps when I am eating such repetitive foods to make it a bit more self-fulfilling.

I choose to dive into the fridge and pick out one my many winter squash options.

Directions:
Choose your spices.
      I used Tumeric, ginger, garlic, seaweed, fennel, cumin, ajwain seeds, yellow mustard seeds, and dried basil
Places spices in a pot and cook them at medium heat for about 2 minutes with an occasional stir
Add your soaked Moong Dal grains and fill the pot with water.
I start on high heat and lower the heat about 30 minutes into the cooking.
      *Note: Do not fully cover or the dish will cook over and cause a mess!
Once you have toned down the heat to medium - add in some cubed winter squash. I went with a Kobocha variety.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luhv Cafe - Vegan Bistro in Hatboro PA

Annual Family PSU Tailgating

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Updates on my Life

Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

The Juice Merchant - Narberth, PA Opening Day

La Colombe Philadelphia, PA

Creamy Vegan and Gluten-Free Savory Curry Zucchini Oats