Soba Noodle Soup (Gluten Free & Vegan)


I have been feeling a bit under the weather - I have NOT yet gotten sick, but with everyone else around me coming down with the flu, sinus infections, pink eye and so much more, I have been certainly working hard to fight it all off!

Adding in some traveling for the holidays and I knew I wasn't going to be up for too much.

I grabbed my sister late Wednesday evening and headed into the big city of Harrisburg - or what I like to call "home".

Knowing that Thursday was going to be a busy day in the kitchen prepping and cooking for everyone else's traditional Thanksgiving meal, I decided to get an early start of my dish.

I made a large batch of vegetable broth to which I planned to add some additional vegetables and some King Soba Pumpkin and Ginger Rice Noodles.

I have had this pasta for some time now and struggled to decide exactly what I wanted to make with them and for some reason, this really clicked for me and I knew immediately this is what I was going to make!

Ingredients:
- Ginger
- Seaweed (Dulse)
- Star Anise
- Lemon-grass
- Nutmeg
- Water
- Soba Noodles
- Cilantro
- Arugula
- Pumpkin Slices
- Gluten Free Soy Sauce (optional)
- Gluten Free Hot Sauce (optional)

I dry toasted the seasonings and seaweed. I then added about 8 cups of water and let everything simmer for about 2 hours before I turned it off to cool.

When dinner was approaching, I added in the pumpkin slices ( I used a fairy tail pumpkin) to steam.

The Soba Noodles were cooked right into the broth - I let it come to a boil and then added the noodles in to cook for about 5 minutes.

At the last minute, I added some of arugula and cilantro.

This made three meals for me and each one I did something slightly different  - one time I added gluten free soy sauce, another time, I added hot sauce and another I ate it as-is.

I enjoyed each one for what it was but would likely say the soy sauce variety was my favorite.

The noodles were, of course, everything I thought they would be and then some. The texture was my absolute favorite of any gluten free noodle variety I have EVER had! The taste was subtle on the pumpkin and ginger, but just enough that it added a bit extra to the dish!

Thank you King Soba for such an awesome product! I have my eye on the Ramen, Fair Trade Basmati Brown Rice, and of course the Organic Brown Rice and Wakame version!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Camping Done Healthy (Gluten-Free Camping).