Straw Propeller Gourmet Gluten Free Oatmeal

With my recent addiction to gluten-free oatmeal and the need to have food accessible on-the-go - I was beyond excited when I found Straw Propeller's Gourmet foods. They market themselves as using only real ingredients, with no additives or preservatives - win win!

Straw Propeller offers 15 unique flavored gluten-free non-GMO on-the-go oatmeal varieties.
Here is what sets the company apart from their competition:

  • Gourmet Grab-and-Go
  • Gluten-Free
  • Non-GMO
  • All Natural 
  • Kosher
  • Vegan options
  • Nut-Free options
  • USA Made
  • Women-owned Company (YAY)
  • Hot and Cold Cereal options
  • 10% goes to a charitable cause

While attending a recent event, I quickly tossed the Indian Curry Variety into my bag and ran out the door. When it came time to eat, I carefully read the instructions - added my boiling hot water and let it set. 

I waited about 3 minutes, as per recommended and noticed it still wasn't set. I continued to let it set, but it never seemed to arrive in that cooked consistency I was looking for :(

The taste wasn't really there for me either. 

I think what I need to do next time, is treat this more like a packet of oatmeal. 
      Removing it from the prepared container and into a microwave safe bowl and heat it up that way. 

I will try again. I am not yet eliminating Straw Propeller from my list, as I am passionate about their healthy products and that they are a women-owned company! 

I have high hopes that this was just an oopsy and the next variety will be awesome! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luhv Cafe - Vegan Bistro in Hatboro PA

Annual Family PSU Tailgating

Gluten Free Allergy Free Secaucus, NJ 2017 Expo Review

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

La Colombe Philadelphia, PA

Vegan & Gluten-Free Jackfruit Tuna Salad

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

Vegan Gluten-Free Jackfruit Cubano

Making the Most of Your Blender Cooking Class with Mt. Airy Learning Tree