A Squash A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

I am still on a rather simple squash (easily digested and rather healing vegetable) meal plan.

Sometimes I get a little bored- but thankfully there is a wide variety of squash available at the local farmers' markets. Speaking of which- I really do make an effort to avoid grocery stores as I as much possible and try to rely on the local farmers' markets for as much as possible.

Today I struck with a very simple steamed zucchini and some sort of squash- taste more like a pumpkin to me so I don't think the farmer actually knew what it was (which I am finding more and more often).... the more squash I eat, the more dad and I educate ourselves on the wide variety available. We like to consider ourselves sort of "squash experts" now.

Anyhow, back to my lunch - I added some steamed veggies and lightly seasoned spaghetti squash topped with scallions and parsley.



While I reflect back on the year- I'm proud of myself. I have come a long way! I'm still not where I would like to be-  it I can give myself credit for a lot!

1. I have mainly stuck to the simple Doctor requested diet and I have made the most of it!
2. I exercise regularly
3. I've started reading again
4. I've forced upon myself "me time"- allowing myself to be comfortable in my own skin
5. I have removed some not so positive people and things from my life
6. I have revisited what is most important to me
7. I have decided to be happy

Comments

  1. You go girl!!! 2017 is your year, right?? I love spaghetti squash. Staple of the gluten free diet. Always amazed when people say they don't like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Ayurvedic Carrot Soup