Inside-Out Gluten Free And Vegan Spaghetti Squash Pot Pie

Okay - confession here - it really is not an inside out pot pie, because I have 100% omitted the crust aspect on this one BUT - it was still yummy!

It has been a very very long time since I have had a potpie, but the winter months are settling in and I am longing for old-time classic comfort foods, with my own health-twist.

I did a lot of google-searching for "vegan pot pie", "gluten free pot pie", "winter squash pot pie" and nothing came up that I wanted to even remotely base a recipe from so I took my basic knowledge of ingredients that would typically be captured in a pot pie: onion, garlic, vegetable broth, bay leaves, mushrooms, milk, celery, carrots, peas, butter, flour.... and figured I would eliminate those that I either don't have on hand or are currently not Nicole-Friendly.

Here is what I came out with.
1. I started a vegetable broth....ginger, star anise, cinnamon, vegetable scraps, ginger, garlic, spring onions and bay leaves.
2. I roasted my spaghetti squash with just a touch of fennel, garlic, and turmeric
3. I boiled some vegetables I had on hand with my homemade vegetable broth (I found carrots and celery)
4. I omitted flour and almond milk because I just didn't think it was working and topped my spaghetti squash with the vegetables.
5. Taste test, okay so it was missing the creamy, buttery, flaky, creamy aspects but oddly enough, it still resembled the pot pie taste.

Next time - I might get dangerous and go for the more traditional pot pie recipe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-Free and Vegan In Sri Lanka

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Airline Gluten-Free Foods

Sri Lanka Cinnamon Tour

Allergy Free Sri Lankan Thanksgiving

Pomegranet and Sweet Potatoe Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Home for the Holidays

Ayurvedic Tea

Sunset Moon and Wellness Round 3 for the Win!