Green Soul Vegan & Gluten Free Friendly

We have all heard my rants and raves about companies make accommodations for us allergy-free folks, and we are well aware that these accommodations are less expensive than their menu items, and yet they still up-charge us! 

In this case, I ran into the complete opposite issue and I was shocked and thrilled!

I called Green Soul, in Chestnut Hill, PA earlier in the day and explained some of my issues or concerns. The employee on staff noted that she would leave a note for the later shift and that I would have no problems upon arrival. 

I thought I was in for it because there was no note to be found. I started rediscussing what I was looking for and some of my concerns (Contamination, glute-free....) and the manager on staff, without hesitation, removed his gloves, washed his hands and started creating a simple steamed vegetable dish for me. It was he that brought my dish directly out to me when it was ready. 

The vegetables were served warm - which, I know this sounds simple, but most restaurants making this accommodation serve cold vegetables and was exactly what I was looking for. Now, for the cost, I was prepping myself for a $10.00+ veggie bowl, but the company charged me, get this, exactly as they should! I was charged about $.50 per item for a total of a little over $3.00. 

Green Soul, thank you! Not only did you provide an outlet for a gal like me to eat, it was affordable! 

I will certainly be back! My only suggestions, perhaps keep more whole vegetables for more steamed option son the menu (i.e. whole steamed sweet potato, pumpkin, etc.). 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Ayurvedic Carrot Soup