Cheezy Zoodles (Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Oil Free)


Like many of you, I was getting home late, was tired and had no idea what I was going to make for dinner.

I ended up doing what I do often, opening up the fridge and grabbing this and that and just rolling with it. 
I noticed I had the following:
  1. Homemade Vegan Acorn Squash Cheese
  2. Zucchini
  3. Delicata Squash (one of my favorites)
  4. Golden Beets
  5. Mushrooms
  6. Celery
  7. Red Onion
  8. Garlic (I mean, I am Italian so this is a given)
Moving out of the fridge and into my cupboards, I found:
  1. Turmeric
  2. Fennel
  3. Ginger
  4. Seaweed
  5. Black Pepper

I decided to stir-fry most of the vegetables and to steam the squash and beets.
I took some of the zucchini and added it to the stir-fry but most of it was spiralized for pasta.

As I started to stir-fry (or essentially steam) my vegetables, I figured I would get brave and try melting my new acorn squash cheese.   

I placed two pieces of cheese on top, sealed it with a lid and walked away.

A couple minutes later (more than I anticipated, or I should say, more than I remember regular cheese taking to melt) and the cheese was showing signs of melting!

I waited a couple minutes longer, until my hangry-state of mind said "Forget it! Serve this baby and let's eat already!" 


Good thing the cheese continued to melt and by the time I sat down to eat, it was perfect!

What would I change about this dish?

I would likely toss the steamed vegetables into the stir-fry as well. I think I might add a little apple cider vinegar to the dish as well.
 
Did my stomach like the dish? Nope! Not at all! I think it was the difficulty of digesting beets. It might have also been that I was asked not to consume too many mushrooms, onions, or garlic.

     BUT, you won't know your growth until you try. So I enjoyed the dish and I will continue to withhold mushrooms, onions, and garlic from my dishes, or at least not make the star ingredient!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-Free and Vegan In Sri Lanka

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

Airline Gluten-Free Foods

Sri Lanka Cinnamon Tour

Allergy Free Sri Lankan Thanksgiving

Pomegranet and Sweet Potatoe Salad (Gluten-Free & Vegan)

Home for the Holidays

Ayurvedic Tea

Sunset Moon and Wellness Round 3 for the Win!