Gluten Free and Vegan Easter Jackfruit Pot Pie and Avocado Zoodles

Jackfruit Pot Pie

For the Stuffing
  • Fresh jackfruit (both the white string-like pieces and the fruit flesh)
  • Dairy-free milk (I used almond)
  • Agar Agar
  • Tumeric
  • Black Pepper
  • Fennel
  • Celery
  • Garlic
  • Carrots
  • Frozen Peas
  • Gluten-free Soy Sauce
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Seaweed
  • Lemon Juice
  • Water
  • Vegetable bouillon

For the crust
  • 2 Plantains
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • Garlic
  • Cilantro
  • Lemon Juice
  • Apple Cider Vinegar


Process: I soaked the fresh jackfruit in a mixture of:
  • Vegetable bouillon
  • Dairy-free milk
  • Agar Agar (used as a thicking agent)
  • Celery
  • Black Pepper
  • Garlic
  • Seaweed
  • Lemon Juice
  • Touch of water
  • Tumeric
  • Fennel
After setting overnight, I then added the carrots and begin cooking over medium heat for about 40-minutes or until carrots became soft. I added the frozen peas just in time to steam. 

I then turned the heat off, covered, and let sit while prepping the plantain crust. 

For the plantain crust, I made it simple on myself and added all ingredients to the Vitamix to blend well. 

I then scooped out my filling into my muffin pans (you can use ramekins) and then added a scoop or two of the plantain mixture. 

What I had leftover, went into a muffin tin of its own to create a plantain dinner roll! 

I baked at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until the tops become golden brown. 
I have been trying to recreate pot pie for some time now and I always seemed to fail. I was making delicious dishes, just not the chicken pot pie that I wanted. Well, I finally did it! This dish was creamy, heavy in flavor, moist, and oh so delicious! 

The plantain bun needed a bit longer cooking time, but still came out delicious! 



In addition to my pot pie, I made an avocado zucchini noodle salad.

This dish was super simple. I added the below ingredients into the Vitamix - mixed until smooth and then slathered everything onto the zucchini noodles to enjoy. I topped with some fresh cilantro and fresh steamed peas.

  • 1 Avocado
  • Lemon Juice
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Garlic
  • Cilantro
  • Black Pepper





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2nd Annual Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017 Recap

Charlie was a sinner. Philadelphia, PA (Vegan and Gluten-Free)

Tia Lupita Hot Sauce

Han Dynasty is a gluten free safe heaven!!

Mom's Organic, Naked Lunch both Vegan and Gluten Free

When Some days...You Just Feel Like The Odd Man Out

King Daddy's Chicken and Waffles, Asheville, NC Gluten-Free and Vegetarian Friendly

How Living With A Dog Has Changed My Life

Philly S.E.E.D Fest 2017

Ayurvedic Carrot Soup